Alhambra Personal Injury Lawyer
Local Law Firm Serving Local Needs
After you’ve been injured in an accident, it can be tempting to want to handle your case by yourself. To you, it may seem obvious who is at fault and that you should receive financial compensation for your pain and suffering. However, personal injury cases are rarely simple and require the aid of a law firm if victims wish to secure the maximum amount of compensation available to them.
Lara Law Firm has helped locals throughout Southern California heal from their injuries and can help you, too. It doesn’t matter if you suffered minor scrapes from a bicycle accident or are permanently paralyzed after a slip and fall – if someone’s carelessness caused your damages, you deserve to achieve some form of justice. Our Alhambra personal injury attorney understands your pain and is here to help you move on with your life.
Accidents Our Team Handles
Personal injury law can be extremely complicated, especially when it comes to determining who can be held liable for damages. For instance, after a car accident, it may seem obvious that the driver is at fault, only for further investigation to show that the car manufacturer ultimately caused the accident. Our attorney is able to analyze the details of your unique case to understand who should be brought to justice.
We’ve helped clients in our community after they’ve been injured in the following types of accidents:
- Amusement park accidents: Amusement parks are obligated to create a safe environment for their guests. When accidents occur, they could be held responsible for negligence.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists can be injured by other bicyclists or pedestrians, though these accidents are typically caused by motor vehicle drivers when bicyclists are crossing the street or riding on the side of the road.
- Bus accidents: These accidents often involve numerous victims, and liability can be complicated because multiple parties can be held responsible, from bus drivers to private companies to school districts.
- Car accidents: One of the leading causes of injuries in the United States, millions of car accidents occur and injure drivers and passengers each year. Some common types of car accidents include rear-end accidents, T-bone accidents, and collisions caused by speeding.
- Premises liability: This area of personal injury law refers to accidents and injuries that occur on someone’s property. Slip and fall accidents are the most common premises liability case and property owners or managers are typically held responsible.
- Product liability: Consumers can suffer from injuries as a result of using dangerous or defective products. In these cases, product designers, manufacturers, and distributors can be held liable for damages.
- Truck accidents: Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and thus often cause the most serious injuries to other drivers and passengers. Truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and cargo loaders have all been at-fault for these accidents.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
According to California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, you have two years to file a personal injury claim before the statute of limitations ends. If the statute of limitations does ends before you file a claim, you will lose your right do so along with your right to recover compensation. Exceptions that can change this two-year time period do exist so it’s important to speak to an attorney about your case as soon as you can. Call the Lara Law Firm today to learn more about how the statute of limitation may affect your case and how we can help you.
Should I Hire an Attorney for My Personal Injury Case?
Unlike insurance companies, the legal team the Lara Law Firm are true advocates on your side. Insurance companies are not looking out for your best interest, instead they are focused on what will save them the most amount of time or money. The Lara Law Firm on the other hand, is committed to fighting for your best interest every step along the way, we will work to recover the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. Learn more about how we can help you today during a free consultation.
What are Catastrophic Injuries?
Our law firm also has demonstrated experience serving clients who’ve suffered catastrophic injuries in accidents. Catastrophic injuries refer to injuries that are long-lasting or permanent, and thus life-changing. While victims who have received bruises or sprains can recover in a few days or weeks, those suffering from catastrophic injuries may never regain the use of their limbs and require lifelong medical care.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include amputations, burns, spinal cord and neck injuries like paralysis, and head and brain injuries, including brain damage. Because these injuries are serious, they can be costly to treat. Our attorney can factor not just your emergency costs of treatment, but future expenses as well to ensure that you receive everything you need to take care of yourself in the years to come.
Also Helping Families Heal After Death
In addition to helping clients after their injuries, our team also serves families who have lost loved ones in accidents. Losing someone you love so suddenly is one of the most painful experiences you can endure. We strive to relieve you of the burdens of filing a personal injury claim so you and your family can grieve and heal together. Along with recovering damages like medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage, we can also recover funeral and burial expenses, lost income, loss of companionship, and more. You can trust us to file your wrongful death claim.
Seeking legal representation as soon as possible can be beneficial to your claim. Call our Alhambra personal injury attorney at (626) 790-5758 for a free consultation in English, Chinese, Spanish, or Vietnamese.
Thank you, Richard! You’re the best!- Erin, Student of Nursing
Highly recommend this law firm!- Randy T.
Excellent and personalized service- Adam W.
High standards of care- Former Client
He went above and beyond- Billy, Body Shop Repair Specialist
$344,000 Bus Crash
We have recovered a settlement for a client that suffered from serious injuries due to a tour bus crash.
$70,000 Soft Tissue Injury
We have recovered a settlement for a client who suffered from a soft tissue injury resulting from a rear end collision.
$68,000 Asset Seizure Defense
Recovered client's $67,996 cash, the entire amount that United States Customs and the DEA seized, by persuading the court that law enforcement confiscated the money in violation of state and federal law.
$50,000 Unpaid Wages & Hostile Workplace
Forced a $50,000 settlement for client in his case against his former employer for unpaid wages and hostile workplace.
$10,000 Sexual Harassment
Forced settlement for client for $10,000 for a client in her case against her former employer for sexual harassment and unpaid overtime.
Divorce Case Family Law
Forced a settlement for the client, which gave her ownership and possession of the marital residence and exclusive ownership and possession of vacation home to compensate her for her ex-husband's hiding and squandering of community property assets.
Achieved Reduction Serious Crimes
Achieved reduction of Attempted Murder charge to Misdemeanor Domestic Violence.
Hit and Run Criminal Defense
Negotiated Civil Compromise for client charged with hit and run, which resulted in all charges being dropped - Civil Compromise results in charges being dismissed if defendant agrees to pay victim's damages.
Theft Crimes Criminal Defense
Negotiated Deferred Prosecution for a client charged with larceny and shoplifting - Deferred Prosecution results in dismissal of charges in certain cases provided that defendant agrees to satisfy court-ordered conditions.